|My favorite camping trip of the year: Palo Duro Canyon State Park.|
For Going Out:I tried to pick one but I have two items that I absolutely loved this past year. Both are a little on the pricey side but there are ways to find the items for a decent price. Sierra Trading Post regularly offers coupons on their Facebook page and just has good prices in general. My local outfitter has awesome end-of-season clearance sales. Generally 40-60% off some amazing apparel. You may be able to find similar deals near you. You don't have to pay full price if can be patient. Maybe ask for the money for Christmas and buy them when you can find the right price.
|Wore my two favorite items on our most recent camping trip.|
- KEENs (aff. link) - This year, after seven and a half, I retired my Newport H2s and bought the Rose sandals. I loved my old KEENs. They protected my toes, kept my feet relatively warm and cleaned up well. The Rose sandal does everything the H2s did but the material is lighter and the sandal is less bulky making them much more fun and comfortable to wear. I have only had them for five months so I don't know if they will last as long as the H2s.
- Escape Pant (aff. link) from Stonewear Designs - My favorite feature of these pants are the draw strings that allow me to convert them into capris; essentially making them a four season pant. During the winter I add my Terramar base layer. Of course I don't live in an area with tons of snow. The fit on these pants is flattering. The material is quick drying and very durable. I have a pair of capris from another outdoor brand and every time I sit on a log the material wants to snag. I have never had this happen with my Escape Pants.
For Staying In: Called AgainJennifer Pharr Davis became the world record holder by hiking the Appalacian Trail in 46 days. Amazing to say the least! Jennifer is a talented and hard working women who had to overcome countless unforeseen obstacles to reach her goal. Her story helped me feel not-so-alone in my struggles and work to reach my own goals. So curl up with your favorite hot drink and enjoy.
For Fun: I Have Obsessive Camping Disorder Apparel
These are so fun and you can even choose what type of shirt you want the logo on. They even have a baby onesie.
For Action: Lifestraw SteelThis is a brand new product that improved something I didn't think need to be improved. I was lucky enough to be chosen as a beta tester and I have been waiting to tell the world about this product for a couple months. The biggest improvement for me was the addition of a carbon filter which improved the taste of the water. The original Lifestraw gives you clean water but if it comes out of a stagnate lake, the water tastes stagnate. The new Steel removes any funny or undesirable taste and gives you a much more refreshing experience. I also have the GoFilter Bottle (aff. link) and I love the peace of mind being able to transport even a small amount of water brings.
DIY: Hammock ChairThis is perfect for home or camping and it relatively simply to make. You can even get creative with the paint and really fit her personality. The creator originally made this for kids so I would make the back higher just to make it more comfortable.
For Free: "Coupon" For a Solo HikeI couldn't think of anything I would rather have for Christmas. I actually told my husband this year to not buy me anything but to spend the money on an adventure! Enjoying the outdoors solo is such a treat. I love my family but most of my time is spent taking care of them, especially when we are outdoors. It is so refreshing to explore on my own.
|One of my solo hikes a couple years ago.|
Hope you all have a fun Christmas season!!
Please check out these gift guides by my fellow outdoor family bloggers. There are a ton of awesome giveaways going on this year.
- Rain or Shine Mamma - Holiday Gift Ideas for the Outdoorsy Kid + GIVEAWAYS
- Family Adventures in the Canadian Rockies - Holiday Gift Guide for Winter Hiking and Snowshoeing (with GIVEAWAYS)
- Rockies Girl - 2015 Gift Guide for Outdoor Families
- Tales of a Mountain Mama - Gift Guide for Outdoor Families 2015 + Giveaway
- Play Outside Guide - Outdoor Lovers Holiday Gift Guide & Giveaway
- AdventurousParents.com - 5 Gift Ideas for Outdoorsy and On-The-Go Toddlers
- Brave Ski Mom - The 2015 BSM Holiday Gift Guide for Skiers and Snowboarders
- Go Adventure Mom - Holiday Gift Guide
- Mountain Mom and Tots - Best Gear of the Year + Links to Holiday Gift Guides
- RockiesChick - Holiday guide for the little explorers