To preview, set down your computer/tablet/phone, go to your nearest window and open!
Before downloading, follow the proceeding steps to prepare for this exciting app.
- Check for bugs. This is most effectively done by opening up the front door and walking outside. If there are excessive bugs consider applying bug spray.
- Check the cloud. If they are full, there may be glitches (i.e. rain). Generally the darker in the color, the more full they are.
- Be aware that this application may be shocking as the resolution is better than the new iPhone.
To access this app, simply open the door and walk outside.
Tips For Using App:
- Get rid of delays by allowing your children to get dirty.
- To unlock the educational portion of this app simply allow your children to explore nature, build and create. They may require some assistance. Encourage them to touch, smell, listen, climb, look up, run, and discover.
- If your children are reluctant, allow them to combine apps. The camera app is very effective and fun. You can also try plant or animal ID, compass, geocashing, or star chart apps.
Free IntroductionFor an introduction to using this app regularly, check out Kids To Park day on May 16th. There are hundreds of activities going on at local parks around the country. Even if you are a seasoned outdoorsy, these events will be tons of fun and are FREE!!!
You can find an event near you on the Kids To Parks website.
What's even better, when you register for Kids To Parks day you are automatically entered to win a Nikon COOLPIX L830 camera.
Benefits of Kids to Parks Day on May 16th
- Active Kids are Healthy Kids. At a time when the obesity epidemic touches nearly 1 in 3 children, cities across the nation are encouraging their residents to use Kids to Parks Day as the first of many days spent outdoors, at local parks and recreation sites, to develop more active, healthy lifestyles.
- Kids to Parks Day brings families together for important and irreplaceable outdoor and family time, to create lifelong memories, traditions and fun.
Giveaway Time!!!What better than a few goodies to help you in your efforts to get outdoors.
Enter to win a Kid To Park prize pack. Including: "Buddy Bison” mascot stuffed animal, 2 National Geographic Books (National Geographic Secrets of the National Parks and National Geographic Kids National Parks Guide U.S.A.), a CamelBak BPA- and BPS-free reusable bottle, a T-shirt, and a NPT Park Activity Guide ($75 value.)
a Rafflecopter giveaway