Tree w/ Owl Costume
This is such an easy costume to make. You could even use it as an adult costume.
1 Copy of Pattern
Hot Glue and Gun (or fabric glue)
Leaves (real or fake) - If using real, coat leaves in Mod Podge.
|My leaves have lasted a week and a half so far.|
- Print and cut out pattern.
- Trace pattern onto corresponding colors of felt and cut out.
- Hot glue owl together starting with the eyes, then beak, wings and feet. Just make it match the picture. I found it easiest of assemble the owl then lift and glue, piece by piece.
- Hot glue owl towards the bottom of the black oval.
- Cut pipe cleaners in half. You may not have to do this if your pipe cleaners are short, mine were really long.
- Hot glue leaves to ends of the pipe cleaners.
- Wind leaf pipe cleaners around head band.
- Glue or fabric tape black oval with owl onto shirt.
- Ready to go. Put it on and have a wonderful Halloween.
Tree HuggerWear normal clothes and carry around/hug a log, tree or wood grained pillow (Care2).
OR hug your cute kid dressed as a tree!
This is such a cute costume from O My Blonde Family. You can always make this no sew by using purchased orange cap and clothes.
Robin HoodCome on, he lived in the forest. What is more tree related than that? I made this from felt. You could use glue instead of a sewing machine.
Above all, just let your kids have fun and be creative. How awesome is a Darth Vader woodland fairy!
12 eco-themed halloween costumes from Mother Nature Network
10 more nature themed costumes from The Natural Capital
Please feel free to add your nature or outdoor themed costume ideas.