|Our mobile ended up a little big. You can certainly make them smaller and embellish more.|
- 2 sticks of varying length
- about 4 feet of string or yarn (try using different colors)
- 5 small pine cones of equal size (you could paint them or add glitter)
- hot glue gun or glue
- Clean up ends of stick using a pocket knife and paint.
- Cut string into 7 equal lengths.
- Attach 5 pine cones to the ends of 5 strings.
- Tie 2 of the strings with pine cones to the two ends of the longest stick and secure with glue.
- Tie a piece of string to the center of the long stick and balance by moving the string along the stick until the stick hangs parallel to the ground. Secure with glue.
- Tie 2 strings with pine cones to the ends of the shorter stick and repeat step 5 with shorter stick.
- Tie string from the shorter stick to the longer stick. Line it up with the string already attached to the long stick to ensure balance.
- Tie the final string with a pine cone to the center of the shorter stick.
- Magic Trees from My Nearest & Dearest
- Windcatchers from Doberman's by the Sea
- Painted Stick Mobile from Playful Learning
- Natural Paintbrushes from Learn Create Love
- Painted Stick Instrument from Twodaloo
What simple art projects have you done with your kids?