Have you ever stopped and thought about how many of our foods come from trees.
|Here are just a few.|
I pulled together a few activities to help your kids appreciate how much of our food comes from trees.
Activity 1: Fruit Trees
I think one of the best ways to help our children understand where our food comes from is to get them involved in producing it (and it is another great way to get your family outdoors). It isn't an option for me to do too much home food production right now so I did the next best thing I could think of and took the kids apple picking.
Activity 2: Tree Lunch
Create a picnic using foods from trees. Here are a few ideas:
- Nutella (chocolate and hazelnuts) and peanut butter sandwiches
- Turkey wrap with avocados
- Pizza with olives
- Tree fruit for a side (see above if you need any ideas)
- Trail mix for a side (really anything with nuts)
- Anything chocolate for dessert
- Lemon Brownies
- Apple Pie Bites
Hope you enjoy these and other outdoor activities with your family and friends this weekend.