What we loved:
- Beautiful views!
- Quite Campgrounds. US Forest Service Campgrounds tend to be less busy than National and State Parks.
- Lots of hikes. FYI: there are cliffs on the Garden of the Gods Observation Trail. But the views are totally worth it. The Rim Rock Trail Recreation Trail was wonderful as well. Views, wildflowers and lots of butterflies.
- Swimming area at Pound Hollow Recreation Area/Campground.
- Forest Service campgrounds tend to less expensive than National and State Parks.
Watching "cowboy TV". The best kind of TV.
- Vaulted toilets.
- My husband missed having showers.